Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving


I'm not going to go into the sappy "I'm thankful for..." blogpost that's been floating around my head, but I will say that I'm incredibly thankful to have the great friends that I do. A random assortment of us gathered around our coffee table to eat turkey sitting on the floor, and the evening was filled with laughter. Some choice photos below...

Alex's trophy shot. It was disturbing how satisfying it was to butcher that bird.

Leo in action cooking things.

It's also pretty awesome to have friends who come to your house and cook things for you. Oh, hi Ed.

Becky and Ros taking a break.

Tall guys with dark shirts.

Later in the evening, inspired by Epic Mealtime, we made experiments with bacon. In this case, attempting to candy it.
Unfortunately, most of it burned. The non-burned bits were utterly delicious, though.

I love to eat, and I love to eat with friends. Life is good.

No comments: