Thursday, January 28, 2010

January thaw

I love our Bill Koch League skiers - the little guys, zooming around at mach 4. But I am starting to get really annoyed with how they take over the ENTIRE ski track. Last I checked, Weston was open during their practices. Its one thing to have a small group to the side where you're instructing, but I almost took out a significant group of 8 year olds last night when they were spread out across the entire width of the river-side snow at the bottom of the curvy hill by the lodge. Way to stand in a blind spot, taking over the entire trail, on a super fast night. Now I know why our CSU skiers tend to take over the entire trail when they're skiing, too. Start 'em young...

BKL-interactions aside, I had a great interval session last night. The snow was super fast, if deep - only so much you can do with completely transformed sugar slush, but I'm trying to figure out how to ski relaxed in that crap. Kudos to Weston for blowing a ton of snow and having something to ski on after our thaw/torrential rains, though! I was doing 40 second intervals, with 20 seconds of rest, and boy did I feel fast during the ON bits. I realized, as I was zooming around, that I'm psyched to race again. It took almost two weeks, but I'm back in that mindset where work is just what you do in the five days between races. Hopefully I can carry this enthusiasm into a frigid, icy, four-lap, crashbury marathon. Here goes...

I also figured out a way (ok, I copied and pasted some html) to put a picture link to my training log at attackpoint.org. I think thats way cool, although most people just find it dorky. Its all about the colors!

No comments: