Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Decompress

Everyone needs a weekend off from racing now and then, so I lined it up with my birthday and we went alpine skiing and life was good. I also bought some strawberries, since it was my birthday, and on your birthday, you can buy out of season fruit, and that made me intensely happy. I think I should buy strawberries more often.

The past two weeks have been tough, motivation-wise, but I think I'm nearing the end of my midwinter slump. This weekend I fly west, for the Birkie. I thought I was starting in wave 10, and maybe I still am, but I petitioned to start higher, and the online confirmation thing says I'm in wave 2. Hopefully I won't get shunted back to wave 10 when I go to get my bib. Either way, I'm going to have a good time, this much is certain.

1 comment:

Luke S said...

Good luck at the Birkie!